Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Frustration Brews, but it will be All Good

Recently I have been working on wooden panels again, I'm trying to get back into the groove of working with a variety of mediums and materials. Right now I'm experimenting in my parents barn where I have set up a cozy studio space....sigh.... 
I'm trying to figure out what I want my subject/inspiration to be.....it's definitely becoming difficult, but I'm still havin a good time trying to figure this one out.
Here are a couple of previous pieces, mostly collage...... I'm finding that I want to build something....will they come though?














 Most if these images, as seen on the right and bottom, have to do with my family and the environments we set ourselves in
I've found that I continue to repeatedly use the same images over the past four years, they have been become iconic to me.




                                                                            Stick Fighting in Maine
                                                                             Mixed Media on Panel
                                                               2008






                          The Dog Rules the House, a Family Portrait 
                                            Mixed Media on Paper
                                                       2008















Oh the days of transfers, I'm in desperate need of a photo copy machine.....that has toner




No comments:

Post a Comment